Acessos ao Blog da EEC

ENDODONTIA MODERNA OBJETIVANDO RESULTADOS CLÍNICOS

ENDODONTIA MODERNA OBJETIVANDO RESULTADOS CLÍNICOS
EEC

domingo, 28 de março de 2010

Natalia López-Ampudia (Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain)

Dear Dr Carlos E da Silveira Bueno,

I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Natalia López-Ampudia, I'm a postgraduate student of the 2 year Endodontics Program at the UIC ( Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain). I'm very interested on your paper publicated on the Triple O in 2009 in which you and your colleagues did a great job studying the radiopacity of the experimental Portland cement mixed with bismuth oxide. The last year I've been studying the biological properties of various experimental prototipes of Portland cements and I would really like to complete my study with the investigation on the radiopacity of those prototipes. As I could read on your paper, you followed the ASA standards with the Aluminium stepwedges for the study and, after taking the radiographs and their respective photograpphs, you used the Adobe Photoshop version 7.0.1 to measure the gray scales to finally compare both Aluminium stepwedges and the experimental cement. My doubt comes on how do you standardized the area for each test specimen and how exactly did you used that software for the comparison of the grayscale levels. I would be so thankful if you could answer my e-mail so I can really understand the methodology and finally be able to finish my study. I really appreciate your effort and time.

Thanksfully,

Natalia López Ampudia

Um comentário:

  1. Dear Natalia,

    It is a great pleasure to receive their e-mail. The executor of practical part and mentor of work was my student of post-graduation Eduardo Zeferino, whose e-mail is: dudazeferino@yahoo.com.br . He has greater condition reply on the practical information. Follow a initial response. In doubt, send new e-mail for me or Eduardo Zeferino. I'm coordinator of the Team Campinas Endodontic Team (Equipe de Endodontia de Campinas) and our blog: www.eecampinas.blogspot.com
    I'll put the doubt in our blog, if you allow. Thus other colleagues will be clarified.

    Explanation:

    Enter the Photoshop. Click on "Archive", click on "open", select photo desired. Click on "Image", click on "style", click on "shades of gray", making the photo in black and white. In the image, create an area with the mouse in a degree of the ladder of aluminum. Click on "Image", click on "Histogram", shall appear a window with some values, write the median. That is the gray tone that area. Close the window, back in the image and shovel area created for another degree with the mouse , so that it is reallizada reading of the next degree of the same size of the area. Click on "Image", click on "Histogram" and record the reading of median this area. Close the window and drag the area with the mouse for the next step, and so on in all the steps of aluminum and within the bodies of proof of material under test.
    Sincerely,
    Carlos Bueno
    www.carlosbueno.com.br

    ResponderExcluir

Comentários